Friday, June 20, 2008

Working hard for you

Published June 3, 2008

Good day GPNS members and other interested readers,

First I would like to thank fellow Green Party of Nova Scotia leadership candidate Ryan Watson for following my suggestion that we as Nova Scotians should discuss the concept of Sustainable Enterprise http://trurodaily.com/index.cfm?sid=138334&sc=68 , you can read Ryan’s input at his website http://www.ryanwatson.ca/category/economy/ . I encourage others to discuss the concept of Nova Scotia creating a new economic sector called Sustainable Enterprise and what that may entail. Please voice your input. Perhaps this could be a key discussion point at the upcoming GPNS annual general meeting.

Below are a few words about how I want to work for you.

I want to work hard for you, and I want to work hard for our Green Party of Nova Scotia.
I feel that the leader of the GPNS needs to be working fulltime for the needs, requests, and concerns of our members. How can I work for you?

As leader of the GPNS I want to foster a culture of constructive involvement and encourage people to have a say. I want to consult the views of our party members and I want to consult the views of all Nova Scotians. To be candid, if elected leader, I will welcome your input and will depend on it. I take great pride in being able to listen well and it’s a skill of mine under constant development. How can I work for you? I’m listening.

We need to foster a culture of unparalleled cooperation and drive within our party, then spread that goodness all across the province of Nova Scotia. We need to live up to our principal for respecting diversity and allow multiple ideas to flourish. We, The Greens, need to become the great facilitators of constructive, inclusive change in our province of Nova Scotia. I am committed to making this vision a reality. I’m certain our party will flourish with this approach and Nova Scotia will benefit greatly.

It is undoubted that we have a vision for a healthy environment, but there are many social ills and injustices prevalent in our province of Nova Scotia that we The Greens need to help address as well. Our social conscience needs to be up front and center at all times, but especially when addressing our societies social ills as there are increasing amounts of people who need help. I believe we need to be the great facilitators of social justice as well. I believe we are a party about social equality just as much as we are conscious about our environment and we need to assert both these values to the fullest.

I ask for your support and your vote at our upcoming AGM.

How can I work for you?

Kind Regards,

Barton J Cutten

No comments: